Yes - A visa is required for travel to New Zealand

Thursday, January 17, 2019

A valid passport and Religious Work visa with INZ 1025 form are required to travel for missionary work to New Zealand. The applicant must have religious work experience or training of at least two years and have a genuine offer of religious work with a religious organization registered as a charity with a primary purpose of advancing religion.

Send these documents to Travisa


Passport Requirements:

Original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay in New Zealand, with at least two blank passport pages available for New Zealander visa stamp. Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for New Zealand visas.


New Zealand Visa Application Form:

One original INZ 1015 Work visa application form. One New Zealand student visa application completed and paid online.


Photo Requirements:

Two recent (taken within the last 6 months), identical, 2 x 2 passport photographs, in color, front view and with a plain/light background. Write your full name (must match the name on passport) on the back of both photographs.

OR - you can upload a photo when you place your order, instead of providing physical passport photos.


Other Forms:

Complete the Sponsorship Form for Religious Workers provided. Sponsorship Form for Religious Worker A completed Sponsorship Form must include:

  • A copy of the sponsoring organization’s Charities Commission Registration Certificate.
  • Evidence of the sponsoring organization’s financial ability to meet their sponsorship undertaking.
  • A copy of an employment agreement or a description of the religious work you will be undertaking during your sponsorship period.


Criminal Record:

Police report or good conduct record provided by the applicant’s local police department and any country you have been in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years.


Medical Requirements:

Complete the Health Form provided. Health Form


Other Requirements:

Provide evidence of religious training and/or religious work experience.

This is Travisa's service order form, where you will provide your contact and shipping information, choose the visa processing needed and make your payment. You must print the completed form and send it to Travisa with all other supporting documents.

Click here for New Zealand Consular Fees and Visa Processing Times

Register your trip with the US Embassy:

The US State Department strongly encourages American citizens planning international travel to register with the US Embassy(s) in the countries they plan to visit. Registration notifies the US Embassy in each country of your travel plans and enrolls you in the State Department travel advisory and warnings program. Feel more secure about your international travels by having Travisa register your trip with the US Department of State; simply complete the form on your visa application kit after placing your order.

Non-refundable tickets or reservations should not be purchased until all visas and passports are secured and in your possession.

How to Apply for a Visa to New Zealand

  • Review the requirements to apply for your visa
  • Gather your documents and complete the forms
  • Ship your documents to our office

Where to Apply for Your New Zealand Visa

Residents of these states apply for a visa in Los Angeles :

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.

Travisa - Los Angeles
5757 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 570
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Tel: 877-876-3266

Residents of these states apply for a visa in Washington, DC :

All States

Travisa - Washington, DC
4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 250
Washington, DC 20008
Tel: 877-876-3266